Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hospital-Day 2-3

Day 2 was pretty uneventful. Amelia improved a lot. She got off oxygen and kept her saturation above 95% most of the day. She continues to be on an IV, breathing treatments, oral steroids and antibiotics. Steve stayed with Amelia most of the day so I was able to be at home with Miles and get a bit of a nap. Terri took Miles for the evening so I could go to church then so Steve and I could spend some time together here at the hospital. The food here is not very good, thanks to the Mackerill and Adams families for a great lunch and dinner.

Last night was not so great. She kept her saturation up (except one time when she refused to cough and really needed to) but she would NOT sleep. I am not sure what the problem was, tummy, uncomfortable bed, who knows what but neither of us slept. Now she is sleeping in her wheel chair and I may try to get some zzz's too. Good luck to me with that here at the hospital:)

Will update when I hear from the doctor this morning. I am thinking we will have to stay another night but pray that we get to go home today.

3 comments:

  1. hey guys- just got this update so am catching up reading- but am praying today you get to go home! much love!!!! jamie kampman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi to the Allen Family!....I am also praying for rest, sleep, and early discharge!...(maybe I should also be praying for a quiet IV machine...apparently Quinn was also annoyed by hers!)....by the way, Quinn & Susan also say "hi." Please let me know if I can be of help in any way. Hugs & Prayers! Chrissy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you getting better now? Pei Pa Koa (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) is one of the few Chinese natural cough remedies that have been scientifically studied. it's something like herb plus honey, and it's sweet, thick and black in color. If you have a cough, look for it! It used to be one of my favourite natural cough remedies.

    if your cough persists, seek professional help such as traditional Chinese medicine physicians - I have had very good experiences with them.

    ReplyDelete