Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hospital-Day 1:2



Riding a horse on Friday. Read below for the story.

Amelia is doing well. Oxygen saturation are up and she is on less oxygen (0.25 L/Min). Fever is down and she hasn't had tylenol in a while. She is having trouble getting to sleep because of the clicking sound the IV makes (she has supersonic hearing). Chrissy and I moved it as far away as possible but she is "all done" with the IV. Maybe soon I keep telling her.

On a good note we had a great time riding and hanging out with horses on Friday. I have been wanting to do horse therapy with Amelia for a while but with all that we have going on it just hasn't happened. Several weeks ago I was telling my friend Raynah about this desire and guess what, she just happens to ride horses at a friend's house near Lincoln. We finally got a time worked out and wow, it was so much fun!

When we arrived at the "ranch" Amelia was annoyed from the car ride and tired from therapy (probably she was starting to get sick too). I thought we would just stay for a bit then have to leave. But as soon as the horses sniffed her and she heard and felt them breathe she relaxed and loved it the entire time. The horses loved her too. I was a bit nervous because I am not really comfortable with riding horses but because she was loving it so much we decided to try riding too. We all did great (Amelia and I riding, Raynah leading and Jake (was that his name?) letting us ride. We are looking forward to another trip soon. Thanks Raynah for thinking of it, organizing and making it happen. You are awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Jen, you all are in our prayers!!! Wonderful news that Amelia is doing well tonight -- hopefully she will get a good night's sleep, and you too. Love you!!!
    -Charlsi and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia & Jen...I pray that you were able to sleep well, even with the IV clicking!...hopefully today will just be "restful." Let me know if you need/want me to help with anything today. Hugs! Chrissy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia is such a sweetheart! We are praying for you all. We loved seeing Amelia and you all while we were back, it was some of our BEST time. Praying for peace and quick healing! (for all of you.) We love you!
    -Bryan, Jamie, Jones, and Ez

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so blessed by spending the day with you both. It was so awesome to see her smile! Made my month :-) We are Praying for you all, and quick healing so we can ride again soon! Joe is saving a kiss for you Amelia :) Much Love from all of us,
    Raynah,James,Sriyani,Keagan,Mataya,Dash

    ReplyDelete